Sunday 6 May 2012

Cool uniform

NW3 dress via Asos / Grey Coat Hospital shirt via John Lewis / Dr Martens via Topshop / American Apparel socks

It is this time of year, lighter mornings, longer evenings, that I will eternally associate with school summer dresses. That first Monday morning after the Easter holidays when the laundry fairies leave a freshly tumbled, freshly ironed cotton dress at the end of the bed to be thrown on after shedding the school uniform skin of winter - black, knitted tights and a big, in my case, red jumper. Before the days of shortening, ripping and subverting hated school uniform there was getting excited to wear a seersucker gingham dress and matching frilled ankle socks. However, this was only to realise that this excitement was a little premature, on chilly April morning walks to school when goosebumps pervaded.
I have spent a considerable amount of time perusing the John Lewis.com school uniform department, finding the perfect pinafore dress and countless charming summer dresses which had me wishing that they were made in big-enough-to-know-better size. NW3 knocked together this equally delightful adult summer dress, so for the very reasonable (if you are not a poor student) price of 99 English pounds, you can indulge in some school uniform nostalgia. Now, I wonder if I could swap my chocolate spread sandwiches and my yo-yo for my boyfriend's friends' old Grey Coat school shirts...?

No comments:

Post a Comment