Sunday 6 August 2017

the colour combinations on my mind

ph: vogue.co.uk; the breakthat's chic; hannah pinson

I've certainly neglected this part of my thinking process in the last couple of years - I didn't realise how valuable it was to organising my thoughts and how cathartic I found it. I have felt totally overwhelmed by fashion in the last year - something I hope to talk about more in a separate post - but rather than diving in to explore all the many things that piqued my interest, I took a step back.

At the moment, I love the ongoing 80s influences happening, in all their bright, woozy excess - see this upcoming season's oversized outerwear, always and forever my favourite kind. I am enjoying the 80s trend even more now the noughties revival is gaining traction; it has fused together into a knockout combination of pastel blazers, oversized earrings, and kitten heels, which is all I can think about wearing right now. I love simple, pared-down classics, with a statement flash of lime green, cobalt blue, or, since pink could be now considered a neutral, the contrast of pink and red.

I hope I can return to blogging - if only to sift through my own thoughts - with the same enthusiasm as I had a few years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment